Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Third Bite of Beech

This is just a thought.... nothing else.

I have found for my taste that if I know I will not match a finish or
texture, I don't try. For the most part, I don't like the CA glue and
sawdust, although on some things it looks OK. To me, a CA/sawdust fill
always looks like a repair job.

For me, what I do with a crack like that is fill it with something that
is contrasting or decorative. With that crack, I am sure that some
epoxy with something to tint it would look great. While it is hard to
tell the correct color balance on the net, a lot of different colors
would look really nice in that one and compliment the piece.

Olive green would really warm that crack up. And a light brown would
make it look almost natural.

You can easily grind that crack out and refill it. It is waaaay too
nice to burn. I KNOW someone in your circle of people would be
thrilled to have that. But if you do decide to burn it, tell me here
and I will send you the postage and you can send it to me!

Robert