Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default dewalt 18 volt drill driver 929k2 advice

"Kaiser" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Kaiser" wrote in message

"THOMAS PATTON" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi all
I am fitting out my extension we built last summer I need to put in
about 7000 screws ranging from drywall to 4 inch.
Is the Dewalt 18 volt drill/driver up to the job- I see one on Ebay.My
present B&D 18volt is on its last legs after a summer of heavy use.
Tom

Forget Dewalt if you want something with endurance they aint that good,
they just look pretty. Have a look at the Metabo BSZ 18 Cordless
Drill/Driver it will out last most others and has electronic torque
control, which increases the power at low speeds. Ideal for longer
screws such as 4".

I would forget that and get an Impact Driver. The right tool for the
right job.

Impact drivers are more suited to using sockets for loosening or
tightening nuts and bolts and hex headed coach screws, not for slotted or
cross head wood screws and dry wall screws.

Totally wrong. There are Impact drivers and Impact Wrenches. You are on
about wrenches.

An 18v Impact Driver is small, powerfull and drives in very large screws,
and amall ones too. It can also drill too.

See my current post on the Ryobi Impact Driver and do a google on this
group, See:
http://tinyurl.com/9htyt
http://tinyurl.com/aftdo

If you really want to recommend something useful you could of suggested a
dedicated dry wall screwdriver.

No. A useful tool is an impact driver. They were horrendously expensive,
that is why no one knows much about them. The uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association
had never heard of them but managed a thread 100s of posts long on
absolutely nothing in November. But Ryobi have dropped the price to
affordable levels.