Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default FAQ: Answering questions emailed direct to 'editor'

Phil Addison wrote:
I am getting an increasing number of queries emailed directly to me (two
today), in spite of admonitions on the FAQ site not to. Sometimes I can
answer these questions easily enough, but for the majority I refer them
back to the newsgroup. This has become common enough to need a standard
reply and to that end I have put the following text together.

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions, improvements.

I should put something short and to the point up, for instance:

DO NOT E-MAIL ) WITH D-I-Y QUESTIONS - SEND THESE
TO UK.D-I-Y. ANY D-I-Y-RELATED QUESTION ADDRESSED TO (..) WILL
BE DELETED UNREAD.