Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default FAQ: Answering questions emailed direct to 'editor'

Ian Stirling wrote:
Phil Addison wrote:

So perhaps a little less terse?

I'm the FAQs editor, and arn't a DIY expert, so if you have other
questions then the best place for you to find the answers is
the usenet group(link to google)uk.d-i-y, where this FAQ began,
and where you can contact most of the contributors.

Alternatively, see the 'further help' section.

Mail me if you find errors or have contributions. Thanks!

I quite agree, no point in sending a stonking great email out to these
punters; bear in mind that in emailing the FAQ maintainer they've
already gone straight past a big sign in the FAQ saying 'don't email in
queries'...!

Suggest the brief reply contains a deep-link back to the bit of the FAQ
which explains how to ask a question?

If were the editor I'd go further and have all email sent to
editor@whateveritis responded to automatically with a brief message like
the above, but include a 'real' monitored email address where they can
still contact you of they really need or want to - that would hopefully
cut down dramatically on the drossy enquiries.

David