Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Bandsaw Problems

"MikeMac" wrote in message
I'm hoping someone might have some advice.

I recently purchased a Ridgid Bandsaw, and am experiencing problems with

the
rubber strips on the wheels. After installing a 1/2 blade for some minor
resawing, when applying proper tension, (according to the scale on the

back)
the rubber bands track off the wheel, and jam against the frame.

I'm wondering if they need replacement? (they have less than 1/2 hr use)

or
if maybe the scale is reading wrong? (Too much tension?)

Sight unseen it's just a guess, but it sure sounds like the wrong size tires
for the band saw wheels. In any event, tension should not cause this and it
warrants a call to customer/warranty service.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05