Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default FAQ: Answering questions emailed direct to 'editor'

Andy Hall wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:59:36 GMT, Phil Addison
wrote:

I am getting an increasing number of queries emailed directly to me (two
today), in spite of admonitions on the FAQ site not to. Sometimes I can
answer these questions easily enough, but for the majority I refer them
back to the newsgroup. This has become common enough to need a standard
reply and to that end I have put the following text together.

snip
If possible ask your question on the uk.d-i-y newsgroup before mailing
me - I am *not* the FAQ, just the editor (see "How to Access the
uk.d-i-y Newsgroup" below). In the unlikely event that you have no luck
there, email me again and I will try to give advice, although I am only
the site maintainer and not an expert in all topics. If you do not know
how to access the newsgroup please study the following advice.

I just edit the FAQ, and am not an expert in all topics.

If you can't find the answer in the FAQ, ask on (link to google)uk.d-i-y.

Please only mail me if you find errors or have contributions for the FAQ.

?