Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionMechanical

Default OK what is the diferance between carbide and powdered metal ?

"Justin" wrote in message
ups.com...
BottleBob wrote:
wrote:

As two of the participants have pointed out the language is a bit
unclear here. The great majority of the leaders in these fields seem
to be willing to accept a variety of terms somewhat interchangeably.

Tom:

I'll post the same question to you that I did to Unknown. Can tungsten
carbide tooling (since it is an intimate "mixture" of tungsten, carbon,
and cobalt), be correctly referred to as metallic or a metal since the
finished product has
metallic properties?

Opossums look like cats. They have tails, eyes and ears like cats.
They smell like cats too. Can I correctly call an Opossum a cat?

-PossumMan

Justin,

Curious...where abouts ( generally ) do you live at ??

( I took onna "real job" recently...just for fun...as mosta the regulars
here already know )

Lessee....there's a Justin, a Matt, anna FranK....( Einstien lookin kid, but
w/ red hair still )

( Oh, and then there's some new guy--IM thinking his name just MIGHT be
Sam )....

--

SVL