RichD

Default Myford Super 7: $10,000???

I bought mine in the early 70's for $1035 with 3 and 4 jaw chucks!
Still like new with lots of hours on it, save for a few paint chips.
My favorite, over my SBL 9" too.
RichD

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:59:42 -0400, Jack Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:05:01 -0400, Doug Warner
wrote:

Curious to see what it would cost to replace my old, beat-up ML-7
with the latest Super 7 model, I called Blue Ridge Machinery, and got
a quote of "$9900, $10,500" I was too shocked to ask what the two
different prices were for..

Are these lathes THAT much better than the typical $2000 Taiwan-made
units?

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are vermin. Please kill them.

That's almost a 50% increase in price since I bought my Super 7
long-bed in 1999. Is the price quoted for the new version with the
much larger spindle through hole, or the long-produced model? (I can't
recall the precise sizes, but it's close to 5/8" whilst the new one is
well over 1") That change might account for a large part of the price
increase.

I'm glad I bought mine, but if the price were $10K, I'm not sure I
would have reached for the checkbook so quickly.

Jack