Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default math and metalworking

Ackshooly, here's the best idea:

Slick yer way thru math the easiest way you can, and then post all yer shop
math Q's here!

And actually, apropo of some of the other advice, which basically said
there's no such thing as too much math, you might be best served by taking
the math that would be best for long-term/academic interests, and just fill
in the blanks w/ help here on the group, or from some very good shop math
books.
With a good foundation, it will be all the more easy to fill in those
blanks.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"mj" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to take a college level math course for a Bachelors degree that
I am working on. The school does not care what it is as long as it is
college level. So...what should I take that would be useful for my
little hobby machine shop? Geometry? Trigonometry? I was going to take
a Algebra class since I sort of know that already, but I thought I
would get opinions from the group first. I've never worked with
geometry or trig before (or at least that I know of), so give me an
idea what I would need them for.

BTW, my machine shop is a mini-lathe and a mini-mill. I build 1/8 scale
military models. I am working on my first one. I am hoping to get it
done in the next couple of months. I am building a fairly simple
trailer for my first model, but I want to get more detailed models as
my skills improve.

Thanks

Mike