Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

Default FAQ: Answering questions emailed direct to 'editor'

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:47:37 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "nrh"
wrote:

In ,
Andy Hall scribed:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:59:36 GMT, Phil Addison
wrote:

I am getting an increasing number of queries emailed directly to me (two
today), in spite of admonitions on the FAQ site not to. Sometimes I can
answer these questions easily enough, but for the majority I refer them
back to the newsgroup. This has become common enough to need a standard
reply and to that end I have put the following text together.

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions, improvements.

Thanks.
Phil

[quote]

This is a reply to your email regarding the UK.D-I-Y FAQ site:

For a speedy reply always ensure there is a relevant Subject line in
place of the text that says "UK DIY FAQ Please type a topic here". Thank
you.

If possible ask your question on the uk.d-i-y newsgroup before mailing
me - I am *not* the FAQ, just the editor (see "How to Access the
uk.d-i-y Newsgroup" below). In the unlikely event that you have no luck
there, email me again and I will try to give advice, although I am only
the site maintainer and not an expert in all topics. If you do not know
how to access the newsgroup please study the following advice.

Looks fine to me, Phil.

A weighty tome, indeed. However, I sincerely doubt anyone with the
intellectual stamina to plough through that lot is gonna be reading it in
the first place?

That's one of the problems. I was hoping the more erudite might come up
with a more compact version.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me