Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default 2 circuits feeding one outlet box.

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:19:00 -0500, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

There is nothing wrong with your plan. The GFCI would be required for the
general purpose outlet if it's in an "unfinished" part of the basement

And label the outlet that has GFCI protection (if the GFCI is upstream
so this is not obvious).

"blueman" wrote in message
I have a 2-gang outlet box in my basement.
I would like to feed it with two circuits.
- One dedicated circuit for a refrigerator/freezer (with no GFI)
- One shared cirucit for use as a general outlet (with GFI
protection either in the outlet box or upstream)

I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there any problem with feeding a 2-gang outlet box from two
different 20A circuits? Is there any special labelling required?

2. According to code, can I run a normal size refrigerator and a small
standalone freezer on the *same* 20A circuit?
(from a power consumption perspective it seems that even the
combined load of both would be less than 75% of the 20A breaker)

Thanks

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com