Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Water Heater Install Question

Bob wrote:
He already greatly increased his energy use by installing an electric
water heater. If he increases it to 150 degrees, it might make the
electric water heater run less, so he could be saving money.

I considered that. Since I don't know the cost per therm of each source
I stuck with energy use not cost. You are right however and that should be
considered as well. I hinted at that with my initial comment "I might have
put the temp of the gas a little higher than the electric to avoid having
the electric kick in under normal conditions."

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
He did a GOOD THING!

If capacity is still a issue up the temp of the gas tank back to
150 degrees, then install a tempering valve ..

That will increase energy use and decrease the life of the
heater.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit