Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default math and metalworking

I stick with my recommendation. Statistics is very much related to
tolerances if you are doing designs that are going to be produced at a
reasonable cost. But the main reason I recommended Statistics is that
it did not sound like the poster was planning on an Engineering or
Science career. More likely to end up in business. Would be more
helpful there than trig, algebra, or geometry.

Dan

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Can't disagree w/ much in this thread, except for the statistics advice.....
goodgawd....
And, statistics is not even *related* to tolerances or their understanding,
UNLESS you are doing something like quality control, random samplings, etc.

--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll