Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default partition walls

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:26:25 -0000, "Brian G"
wrote:

In2Minds wrote:
dividing a bathroom and will need to build an L shaped partition wall,
what would be the best method...

3x2 CLS or the metal framing stuff ? and what's that called ?

the only load on the wall will be a corner basin/pedestal in the
corner of the new stud wall

thanks

Forgive my old brain, but what does"CLS" stand for please?

Brian G

Canadian Lumber Standards

It refers to a type of constructional timber which is planed to a
degree and has the sharp corners relieved slightly.

The cover story is that it is to reduce the rate of spread of fire
(because of less rough, air trapping surface.

Personally I think it was because the pussies in the U.S. construction
industry were getting too many splinters.

--

..andy