jim rozen

Default Tamper proof Lag Screws (was: Security Systems)

In article , Jon Anderson says...

BTW, I'm thinking of bars over the kitchen window on the deck. That will
quickly become the weak point. Only real way to attach is from the
outside, and anyone with a few minutes and a ratchet could remove it.
I've seen tamper proof screws in McMaster, but most are pretty short.
Does anyone know of a good source of tamper proof fasteners? Would like
to find some lag screws with some sort of tamper proof head.
If I can't find any, I'll probably just CNC the heads of a bunch to a
shallow oval shape, case harden them, and make a special socket. Pretty
busy right now however and I'd just as soon buy something if it's
available.

I've used the hex head screws from mcmaster carr, where they
are tightned up via the hex head, and then once tight one
snaps off the hex with a breaker bar, leaving a flat
dome-shaped head. These were machine screws, don't know
if they make similar as lag screws.

Jim

please reply to: