Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default Big Lathe?

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:59:27 GMT, Bill Rubenstein
wrote:

Hey, Bill, how about buying a 6" tool rest for the Stubby? I now have
some in stock.

Bill

two reasons for me not buying a 6 inch rest - first, I actually have
one welded from 1 inch bar stock, and second, it is still too long for
pen work, so it's actually just easier to use the Comet, and reserve
the stubby for big things (like my infamous photo of using the stubby
as a painting fixture for the steering wheel for my 36 cad)

oh, is that really *3* reasons?

bill n

by the way, my real point is a big lathe and a little lathe are
complementary - don't ditch the baby
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com