Posted to rec.woodworking
Vidkid26

Default (Possibly OT) Help in Dallas area

On 2006-01-25 12:00:39 -0800, "TinWoodsmn" said:
Try abfs.com

At last summer's wood show in Las Vegas, SWMBO had occasion to visit
the complementary Design Showcase, where she ordered a table and 4
chairs from a South American manufacturer. The furniture has arrived in
Dallas where the receiver is awaiting our instructions to reship to us
in northern California. The shipment weighs under 200 lbs, but the
transporters the receiver uses charges for 1,000 lb minimum loads with
prices approximating $1.00/lb. We have contacted some pack and ship
people in the Dallas area, but their prices are only slightly better.

We are open to suggestions regarding choosing a company or method to
ship our furniture. Hopefully we won't have to pay the amounts we have
already encountered which are more than we paid for the furniture.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

TW