Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default What commonly available alloy has the best corrorsion resistance properties?

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

You're on your own where seals are concerned, but I think I'd research
various O ring compounds. Surely one of them would suit your needs.

He'd be crazy to use elastomer O-rings when commercial conflat
flanges are there.

They use a flat OFHC gasked which is trapped between two stainless
knife edges. They will withstand high temperatures, low temperatures,
and unless the thick flat copper gasket completely rots away are
quite long-lasting I would think.

Jim

please reply to: