Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Old wire thicker than new wire?

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:36:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
cant go wrong running 12 gauge, but it is hared to work with. I wonder
why they dont make boxes bigger, that would help a lot.

Smaller boxes are harder to work in. More difficult = more manly man, or
some such bull****. That's the only reason I can figure out. Code dictates
that as you run wires along beams, you don't bend them more than a certain
amount. Keep the bends gradual. Then, code says it's OK to jam the wires
into boxes in a way that doesn't match the previous rule.

ONe is not supposed to make sharp turns in cable tv coax either**, but
then the cable folded the cable twice and stuffed it in that little
box outside my house. It annoyed me.

**That because the insulation between the center wire and the braid
can be compressed, and the distance between the two becomes less, and
that can cause signal reflections and ghosts in the picture. I think
the picture was good though. I'm not too picky.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.