Gunner

Default Security Systems

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:14:18 -0400, Gary Coffman
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 04:15:10 GMT, Gunner wrote:
And computer printers..they tend to be sold not much over wholesale. The
consumables is where they make their money.

Actually, the last 3 times I've needed consumables for an inkjet printer,
it has wound up cheaper to simply buy a new printer. They're always on
sale somewhere at a giveaway price. The last one was on sale for $49.95
with a $50 mail in rebate. In other words, Canon paid me a nickel to take
the printer. Can't find that kind of deal on ink cartridges.

Gary

Yup. The consumables are more expensive. I refill my own cartridges for
the one remaining inkjet printer I own, for pennies rathe than that $32
cartridge. On the other hand, after giving it some serious thought, Iv
actually gone back to dot matrix printers for most of my printing needs.
I use a printer seldom, and hate finding the ink dried out in a inkjet.
The ribbons for a dot matrix are dirt cheap, I can find them surplus for
a couple bucks, they seem to last 10 times as long before drying out and
they print decently. I seldom do graphics of any sort, and text is
simply outputted to my printers as Text Only/no graphics

I can get dot matrix printers, for as little as $5, and while slower and
not as feature packed..they do text just fine.

Gunner

--
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;