Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Default Stearman was Check in that shed ...

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:15:17 -0500, "Bob Chilcoat"
wrote:

I think I might have been in that barn a few years ago. A friend who lived
in VT took me over to a neighbor's who had a barn like that. Old guy who
collected cars. I remember a Stutz and a Minerva, and a bunch of other
cars. I was only mildly interested, because my old car worship days are
long past. Now if he'd had a nice Stearman or a Stagger-wing Beech, I might
have taken more interest.

Hey Bob,

The Canadian Historical Aircraft Association group I belong to has a
Stearman, and it is used for fly-pasts and to take sight-seeing
flights on a reservation basis, if you are ever up Detroit way.
Located at CYQG in Windsor, Ontario.

And even after some terrible loss in a fire last year, "The Yankee Air
Force" has a bunch of stuff at Willow Run, and there is a fair size
museum in Hamilton, Ontario too, but sorry, no Stagger-Wing.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.