Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Heading to the SanFrancisco Bay Area on Friday for a truck hunt.

In article , Roger Shoaf
wrote:

Happy birthday! on your truck engine, before you spend a lot of time and
work overhauling the motor, look into those places that sell the used
Japanese motors. every one that I have talked to about these have had good
luck with them.

No go.
20R and 22R engines are domestic rebuilds only.

Something about the Japanese versions having something the EPA didn't
like, so you can't import the Japanese ones.
Unlike just about every other engine Toyota ever used.

Best price I found was $1250 for a refurbished and $1650 for a full
rebuild.

The engine is the only thing on my truck that I haven't gotten into, so
it is about time.