Roger Shoaf

Default Heading to the SanFrancisco Bay Area on Friday for a truck hunt.

Happy birthday! on your truck engine, before you spend a lot of time and
work overhauling the motor, look into those places that sell the used
Japanese motors. every one that I have talked to about these have had good
luck with them.

--
Roger Shoaf

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
I am flying down to Berkely tomorrow to start seearching for a new
truck.
My 1985 Toyota 1-ton died last week and there ain't much to pick from
in Seattle in Toyota trucks.
I am taking the opportunity to see my family and search for a newer
truck where they are plentiful.

My dream truck is a '92 long bed deluxe, but they are pretty rare.
The long beds were discontinued in '92, as were the 1-tons.
But the in '91 and '92 you had to get a V-6 if you wanted the 1-ton,
and Toyota v-6's suck.

I am planning on rebuilding the engine in the '85 myself, so I will end
up with 2 trucks.
I will convert my 1-ton into a flatbed, like I have wanted to for a
while.

Anybody know about rebuilding 22REC engines?
Supposedly the Rod Bearing died.
All I know is it sounded brutal when it went.

I am 38 today.
No big deal, but damnit I am taking back my birthday from the world
this year.
If they officially make it Patriot day I suppose it will be nice to
have a federal holiday on my birthday.