Posted to rec.woodworking
Puff Griffis

Default Rural driveway advice

Remove the stump's and use crushed limestone WITH the dust. Tamp it well and it will harden up well.
Puff

"Tom Nie" wrote in message ...
In answering a workshop question I thought some of you might have some ideas
on a rural driveway down to my new shop.

The deal is I'm trying to save money and trees. If I do the normal clearing
they'll take out more trees than the minimum and they'll have the land all
torn up removing the stumps. Most of the top ones are good sized pines and
then hardwoods usually 18-24" after that.

So, I'm wondering about cutting the trees as ground close as possible and
just covering with ABC stone. When they rot I'd just fill with more ABC. I
think it's going to be too expensive to have a stump grinder go even lower.
Probably be about 250' of road.

Thanks for the thoughts
TomNie