Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

Default Idea for cribbage board hole jig

The alexy entity posted thusly:

Oleg Lego wrote:

Picture posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A friend and I were discussing ways to drill cribbage board holes with
reasonable accuracy, and this is what I came up with. Remembering that
there was some discussion about this on the wreck, I thought I'd post
it here.

snip
Any and all critiques are welcome.

Should work, but a word of caution (based on my experience with a
similar jig): Be VERY careful that the jig and workpiece stay very
tight to the fence. Get a shaving between the workpiece and the fence,
and you will create an error in that hole, which will start
compounding when that hole is used as the reverence hole on the peg.
I'd suggest filing off the side of the peg farthest from the fence so
that you can always keep the workpiece tight to the fence (but don't
create slop in the direction along the fence.

Here's an alternative, how I would probably do it:

.... instructions snipped ...

Sounds like a good method. Thanks!

Larry