Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default Recommendations for bandsaw tuneup

Richard wrote:

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding an average all-around blade
that I should purchase for this band saw? I'm thinking that perhaps a
1/4" or 3"8" blade would work for most of the tasks that a band saw
does.

My favorite all around band saw blade is a 3/8" 6 TPI. I keep a few
others around, but rarely mount them.

I've had great results with plain old $11 Olsen blades, Cool Blocks,
and Duginske's book.

My only real "upgrade" is a link belt. I don't consider the Cool Blocks
optional. Someone bought me a Kreg fence as a thank-you, which is
really nice, but my jointed piece of hardwood clamped to the table
functioned as well.

Barry