Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eide

Default What commonly available alloy has the best corrorsion resistance properties?

I agree that stainless is a bargain in the short term. If you figure cost in
relation to time monel is cheap compared to stainless.
I've seen 80 year old monel deck hardware (chocks and cleats) look and act
like it had been installed last week and I've seen 5 year old stainless deck
hardware (chocks and cleats) look like it had been installed last week, but
act like it was made of peanut brittle.

Eide

"Eide" wrote in message
Monel is one of the best in the marine industry. It's very nobel.

Yes, it is, and also VERY expensive. Stainless is a bargain by comparison.

Harold