Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adam Preble

Default Magnavox FP5230 repair

Second response since I've looked into replacing these parts. I can get
a replacement flyback transformer supposedly for $81.70 at PartseStore.com

http://www.partstore.com/ModelDetail...delID=168 744

It fits my television model perfectly, but I don't know if that's T900.
There's one for $74 also; what do I use?

Q906 is a D1556, with "4E" printed on it in smaller letters. Discarding
the 4E, I can get a replacement NTE2331 for ~$6. The fuseable resistor
should be easy enough to find locally. Maybe I can get this all
locally--anybody know good parts places in Austin, TX? Just thought I'd
ask.

I see the transistor is used for horizontal deflection. So would that
explain the lack of display right there? What about vertical?

Given that fuseable resistor and that transistor are burnt, what else
should I consider replacing?