Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Drilling flat bottom holes

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

My opinion? they don't know what the hell you're talking about. For

some,
so many years have elapsed since pride was a part of workmanship that

it's a
relatively unknown commodity anymore.

We have done almost all of the construction on this house ourselves.
(Down to the taping and mudding now.) Our building inspector, a
knowlegable and pleasant guy, would drop in on his way home if he had a
bad day just to see what someone was doing who regarded the code as an
absolutely minimal starting point.

He also liked to see what tools two old farts had invented to do what
usually took a crew. :-)

Ted

Like in your instance, my neighbor, mentioned above, has an unusual rapport
with the county housing department head. He often stops by to see the
progress on the timber framed home.

Yes, I agree, code is minimum. Working beyond code is not a bad idea.
The timber framed home mentioned has been engineered to survive a magnitude
8 earthquake. Far and away beyond any local requirements. Could be
the EE will get the last laugh. Hard to say!

Harold