Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Repair scratch in prefinished wood floor

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:34:36 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
wrote:

"Stupid48" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a scratch in my wood floor (bamboo) I would like to try and fix.
I just want to try and make it less noticeable. It seems to be just
through the eurethane and not into the wood. It's basically a white
line. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks....Chris

if it's only through the urethane, then you may be able to just buff it out.
that works on scratches on car finishes that are only through the clearcoat.

If it's finished with polyurethane, the scratches go away without
doing anything.

Others would know more, but I think polyurethan is much different from
auto clear coat. Polyurethane seems to remain a very very very
viscous liquid, whereas clear coat is I think hard.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.