Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default What commonly available alloy has the best corrorsion resistance properties?

According to James :
What commonly available alloy has the best corrorsion resistance
properties?

I am building a chamber that needs to last 500 years. It will be
indoors, but I need it to resist the effects of time and the elements.
I added commonly because I cannot afford some rare exotic metal.

This sounds like a "time capsule". A quick web search found
this page, which offers some suggestions -- including about things which
you may not have considered:

http://www.si.edu/scmre/takingcare/timecaps.htm

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564