Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eide

Default What commonly available alloy has the best corrorsion resistance properties?

Monel is one of the best in the marine industry. It's very nobel.

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
What commonly available alloy has the best corrorsion resistance
properties?

I am building a chamber that needs to last 500 years. It will be
indoors, but I need it to resist the effects of time and the elements.
I added commonly because I cannot afford some rare exotic metal.

Also, can anyone recommend a good metal rod, tube manufacter that
supplys their wares in metric sizes? (US based)

Thanks.