Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing tree stumps

jIM wrote:
the bury it situation is a reasonable one. Any guidelines on how deep?

I need to knock stumps down ( I left 3-5 foot after cutting trees
down), then I could bury when my yard gets graded.

It depends. If you don't plan on doing a lot of digging in the area,
it might only be necessary to leave 5 or 6 inches of dirt for an
aerator or plugger to operate. If you never plan on doing that, just
make sure it's deep enough that you won't be tripping over it if the
dirt settles.

The worms, bugs, fungus, and bacteria aren't too picky about soil depth.