Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small Workshops

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I would be interested in hearing and seeing examples of very small
workshops (closets/small apartments/small bedrooms) and how people have
adapted a workshop to a very small space. Pictures or links to pictures
would be great. I would think the challenges of lighting, ventilation,
power, chip control and space would create some interesting solutions.
Any articles that discuss this subject would also be welcome.

I had a shop in a walk-in closet for a while. Lathe bench across the
back, workbench on either side, 3 foot square well to stand in at the
center, lots of shelving above. No ventilation, power from an
extension cord to the living room, chip control and general cleanup via
a small shop vac.

The amazing thing was how much time I'd spend looking for the lathe
chuck wrench, which I was just holding, and had to have put down within
arms reach of where I was standing.