Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Repair scratch in prefinished wood floor

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Stupid48" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a scratch in my wood floor (bamboo) I would like to try and fix.
I just want to try and make it less noticeable. It seems to be just
through the eurethane and not into the wood. It's basically a white
line. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Get a stain that is close to the flooring and just wipe it in the scratch.
There are some stain sticks for touchups that may do the trick too.

I saw a home show recently that demonstrated using kid's crayon for
patching scratches. Would probably work fine - get the big box so's you
get a better color match. Polish with soft cloth. )