Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Brady

Default OT has anyone done a concrete counter top?

wayne mak wrote:
Anyone here done or know much about the concrete counter tops?

I've done one in my wife's pottery studio. Pretty plain. Pictures
available if you want to see it. Lot of heavy work, no matter how you
do it.

Also, several years ago, I got the bug to do countertops in the kitchen.
I envisioned a counter cast top down with a nice half-round bullnose
on the front. I actually made a small piece using a 2" PVC pipe split
in two for the bullnose form. Looked pretty good, about 2 1/4" thick.
The piece I made was about 36" x 30" and weighed 180#. I never could
get the corners worked out to my satisfaction and was under pressure
from my wife, so I moved on to another type of counter.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX