Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
mm

Default removing tree stumps

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:31:01 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:18:50 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

Most trees give off pollen. Oak trees are beautiful.

We had a big beautiful oak tree where I grew up. Some garden
service told my mother it wasn't well and we had to dig a trench
around it, a couple feet deep. She didn't want to spend the money,
but she trusted him and she did it.

I was there, a couple years ago, 46 years later, and the tree is
bigger and more beautiful.

What was the point of the trench? I've never heard of this.

I don't really know. I was 9 years old.

I'll admit that I think I've only seen one other in my whole life,
and I'm not sure that one was actually dug. By the time I saw it, it
was at ground level on one side, and may have just been the way the
ground was, without any digging.

I guess my mother wondered if she really had to do what he said, and
I'm so happy it didn't make things worse, that I'm assuming it was
good advice.

Bob

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.