Pat-UK Pat-UK is offline
Junior Member

Hi there
FIRST THING FIRST UNPLUG THE MACHINE !!!

unless you know what your doing it is not safe or necessary to test the machine live, I do this job for a living (www.annis-domestics.co.uk)

The first thing to check will be the overheat stat (k+l) remove both wires and check for continuity, between the 2 tags, This is the most common fault on these, this is usually a push re-set device, but yours looks like a one hit type. so when it's gone , it's gone !!!

If there is continuity between on that one then check the other 2 front one in the same way.

The heater elements are 2 separate elements b-d and c-e check continuity on those tags too, it is unlikely to be a heater though.

if all the above check out OK then it will be the dryer timer. this can be replaced without too much hassle but again, these are usually reliable.

IMPORTANT !!!!! If (as I suspect) the cut out at K+L has failed, then it usually fails for a reason, this is usually the condenser blocked (white chamber that goes from the back of the drum to the fan) YOU MUST CLEAR THIS OUT. or it will fail again quickly !!!!

If you need a new stat, just post your model number (will start A8) and I will dig one out for you.

Hope the above helps

Pat

Last edited by Pat-UK : January 25th 06 at 09:23 AM