Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Default Wirenuts Part II

Tim T wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:36:56 -0500, MC wrote:
I use tape around wirenuts for added assurance the wirenut is not going
to back off or come loose which I have seen happen. I wrap the tape in
the direction that will pull the wirenut tight.

Also, tape is used to cover up the mistake you made when you stripped
the wire too much (so the bare part won't all fit under the wire nut).

Some of us who use tape don't let a bare part remain that way; off comes
the wirenut and appropriate correction is made. Once it's right, THEN we
tape.