ATP

Default Security Systems

Tony wrote:
Tyco

Which also owns Simplex, and they make a proprietary DSC panel for Simplex.
If Simplex is involved in the install that's what you'll get if you're not
careful. I chose DSC for a large job including access doors several years
ago and they worked out pretty well. They had an edge over the similar class
of NAPCO panel at the time as far as the number of zones. We considered
adding the access control to the JCI Metasys system but it was way too
costly and the functions were limited.

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:14:32 GMT, "Tony"
wrote:

DSC was sold last year.

Whom/where is the new owner?

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:31:39 GMT, "Bob Swinney"
wrote:

Can't remember the name, matter-of-fact I just threw it out
during the great dumpster filling of 2003. Most of the current
burgler alarm equipment is made by ADEMCO.

Some..some..of the current alarm equipment is rebadged Ademco.
Particulary those sold by the slash and run companies whom install
an alarm system for $19.95 and monitor it for $24 a month for a
gazzillion years.

DSC, Napco and a host of other good controls are made by their own
factories. Im rather fond of DSC controls myself. Made in Canada.

Gunner, Tech Services manager for an alarm/data/communications
company for 17 yrs, before getting into the machine tool business
in '97 "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke