Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Cutting plywood panels flush, advice please

"Lionel" wrote in message
.. .

A friend is making a cabinet, has fastened the back and the dividers to

the
base, and finds that the dividers stand about 1/8" taller than the back.
What's the best way to bring the dividers down flush with the back? His
tool selection is very limited (he's making the cabinet parts with a
circular saw and a straight edge). The material is 3/4" plywood with a
paper-thin black walnut veneer.

Not that I've ever found myself in similar situations...

No, this isn't me. I would have solved the problem before I fastened the
dividers in place.

Well then, what would you do now? If you can solve the problem early on,
surely you can solve it later on. You do know, don't you that the true mark
of a craftsman is not that he performs work flawlessly, but that he covers
his flaws better than everyone else.

How did he fasten the back and the dividers to the base? Can it be
disassembled easily? If so, take it apart and trim as appropriate. If not,
trim carefully with the saw, or get a rasp and file to fit, or perhaps a
flush cut saw.

--

-Mike-