Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No mail box!

On 23 Jan 2006 10:20:33 -0800, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

If I can get her address. I have her car model and license plate
number, I don't have the exact address. The apartment complex has many
units, and I can't follow her to her exact unit and I was hoping the
cop can trace that for me using the license plate but he did not do
that... I will try to call DMV and just give them license number and
car make/model, but I have a feeling DMV will not give me an address...

By the way, it was NOT a juvenile prank beating up a mail box. This
was an accident that the car hit the mail box. The mail box is a
locking heavy duty 710 janzer mail box:

Thats why you file a police report, then you will get her address.
Tell the police you intend to file charges in small claims court.
There must be some sort of dent in her car, and they can and should
inspect that.

I believe you are correct that the DMV wont give you the address, but
the police will, but only IF you file a report against her.

If this is a costly mailbox as you seem to claim, them take her to
small claims court. But it costs about $75 to file the claim these
days. Once you file the police report, there is a good chance she or
her insurance company will want to settle quickly and save you the
hassle of court. Even if you got a couple hundred $$$ here, it's not a
major expense and if she is guilty and the police see the dent in her
car matches your m.b. post, you pretty much won the case already. If
she loses in court, she will also have to pay the court costs which
may be half or more of the total damages.

Get to the police station and file the report NOW.