Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Ubuntu Live CD

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:12:04 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

"Offbreed" wrote in message news:EOydnaz2BaGEkE7enZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...
Gunner wrote:
Ive been playing around with the latest version of Ubuntu Linux, via their
Live CD.

I downloaded the ubuntu Live iso and tried it just now. Not bad.
For internet I had to kick-start my ethernet card myself (strange), and when I tried some video capture the preview frame was in
black and white (scoff). I liked it's simplicity though. Less cluttered and clearer layout than knoppix and I installed a couple of
extra programs from the CD which I've never been able to do before with linux, which proves it is more user friendly.
Dissappointing that it couldn't work with my TV card tho, and it also didn't find my firewire port.. Audio CD's also played really
slow and the sound was poor. I could probably sort these things out if I could be bothered but I can't. I'm a well trained windows
puppy.

Its not surprising the audio played slow..it is afterall running
everything from either memory or a swap file.

Ill be reporting on how it works from a full install next weekend.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin