Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Jones

Default Earth's Limited Supply of Metals Raises Concern

Jim Insolo wrote:
Go to the store and buy a pumpkin- paint it in the form of the earth- blue
for oceans, green for continents. Find a needle and pry out a piece- that's
the amount of natural resources used in all of human history- now wipe the
piece in the blue part- thats all the pollution .

Interesting. Can I ask where those facts are from? Not that I fear we're
running out of metal any time soon, (the media is saying we're all gonna die
from bird flu...) but it's good to know the facts. Look at Mars for instance...
that would have made an epic planet to mine iron from, except it all rusted!