Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default removing tree stumps

I guess it's possible with a front loader, but it would be a real mess. Try
either a backhoe or stump grinder. Next time, leave about an 8 or 10 ft.
tree trunk, and you can pull them out with a tractor. Depending on the tree
and type of soil, you can sometimes pull them out with a 4 wheel drive
truck.

"jIM" wrote in message
oups.com...
what is best way to remove tree stumps?

in particular, I live in an area with lots of new construction houses
and tall trees. I have most of the trees cut already. I could pay
someonase cash to take a front loader and tear them out (is this
possible?) or use other more common techniques.

suggestions?

stumps are anywahre from 2" to 2' in diameter.