Posted to alt.home.repair
George

Default No mail box!

Phisherman wrote:
snip

what will the PO do when there is not a mail box to deliver to? return the
mail? hold the mail or drop at door step?

MC

Expect the PO not to deliver. You can explain the situation to the
post office and they will hold your mail. You could setup a mailbox
on a crate or something like that, but be sure to position it per PO
regulations.

I've heard of a reckless driver who got injured and damaged his car
because he drove into a sturdy mailbox post. He sued and won. I was
thinking about putting large rocks around my mailbox, but decided
against that.

Doesn't even need to be reckless. My friend lives in an area where kids
were driving around and holding a bat/pole etc out to knock down
mailboxes. My friend got sick and tired of finding his mailbox knocked
down so he built a substantial structure. The kid was injured while
trying to knock the mailbox down and the family sued my friend.