Posted to alt.home.repair
MiamiCuse

Default No mail box!

Jim McLaughlin wrote:
"miamicuse" wrote in message
Will the post office deliver mail to my door if I no longer have a mail

box?

MUCH SILLINESS SNIPPED

A. Regarding the mail, go down to your local post office tomorrow AM firs
thing and ask the local station manager;

B. Regarding the woman, immediately after the post office, call ypour
homeowners / renters insurance company, and give them all the data on the
sweetheart who hit the box.

What purpose would that serve? They are not going to do
anything...they might raise my premium for being an increased risk. HO
insurance policies are being dropped left and right nowadays for south
Florida after years of hurrican damage. I am not sure I want another
"red flag"...

C. Get the nane of the woman along with her license plate number. Report
it to Florida's DMV as a hit and run property damage incodent and request
that Florida DMV confirm her name, residence address and insurance carrier.

I can do that.

D. Once you confirmed her name and address, go to small claims court in
your county and sue her.\

If I can get her address. I have her car model and license plate
number, I don't have the exact address. The apartment complex has many
units, and I can't follow her to her exact unit and I was hoping the
cop can trace that for me using the license plate but he did not do
that... I will try to call DMV and just give them license number and
car make/model, but I have a feeling DMV will not give me an address...

By the way, it was NOT a juvenile prank beating up a mail box. This
was an accident that the car hit the mail box. The mail box is a
locking heavy duty 710 janzer mail box:

http://designer-mailbox.com/locking.htm

and it was mounted on a 4" diameter galvanized steel post penetrated
24" into the ground with a concrete anchor block 24"x24" and 12" deep.
The entire post with concrete was knocked out and completely trashed.
Her car's right front bumper was badly damaged with broken head lights.

E. Ignore the fool cop who told you here was nothing you could do to get a
recovery for your loss. There's a lot the cop could do but declined to
do, but he's a doughnut chomping asshole. Like most cops.

F. STOP WHINING!

-- Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.