Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default unisaw motors

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:18:50 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:21:49 -0500, "mike hide"
wrote:

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

I don't think you can buy a replacement 1-1/2 HP anywhere. I think
you can get three HP Marathons or Baldors from Woodworkers supply.

You can get a Delta Service motor and I think they are less or about
the same as WW supply. The last I heard, even though original
equipment on Unisaws is now WEG, there is still service stock of
Marathons. Doubt you can specify which but you might get the
Marathon. Go on the Deltawoodworking servicenet and look it up. I
just tried, but alas, I have forgotten my password. Must be old age.

Unfortunately, you just can't go to a motor supplier and get a
standard motor because of the special mount. Unless those old units
had a different mount, but I don't think so.

Don't know what kind of starter you have on the 1.5, but you may need
to get a low voltage starter. Gary Parks Industries. WW supply has
some aslo.