Posted to rec.woodworking

Default buck brothers planes

Lowell Holmes wrote:
"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:LvZAf.10255$Le2.1015@trnddc04...
"Jeff Kingsley" wrote:

I bought a smoothing Buck Brothers Plane because of its price. It was

snip Why? The LN will cost you at least 4-6x the BB plane and you already
know
how to make one of the BB planes work quite well.

If you ask the question, you couldn't possibly understand.

I would like some help understanding. I bought a BB plane at HD because
I had never used one, and I didn't want to drop $200 on one without
some idea of whether I would use it regularly.

After having used it some, I would consider a nicer plane if I had some
inkling about the difference.

I'm currently using it it plane some cherry boards that I glued
together. I am experiencing tearout if I'm going against the grain. I
think that happens with any plane, doesn't it? What would a LV plane
give me that a BB doesn't?

Thanks,
--Michael