Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve

Default Knife-blade sharpener...

I'll second the crock sticks - great for knives since the angles are
pre-set by the holes in the holder. It is hard to scratch up the sides
of your nice knives. It is a bit tricky for a large sweep at the point
of some of my knives but that is true of most methods.
I did a cheap samauri sword for a friend by clamping the holder in my
wood vise and standing 3ft. away. Not one scratch on it and sharp
(cheap steel so sharp for one cut only).
-Steve

Gunner wrote:
On 16 Jan 2006 20:15:00 -0800, "Buy_Sell"
wrote:

I sharpen my knives with the bottom of a coffee cup.

I use crock sticks..which are about the bees knees for most sharpening
chores, unless you are trying to make one from a hacksaw blade.

http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Lansky_S...ER_by_ LANSKY

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin